Decent jobs and wages for adults are the most likely way for families to exit poverty. A natural mechanism for increasing the income of low-income families is by raising the minimum wage. Unemployment insurance further protects families in the event of job loss. This section includes maps that document countries’ minimum wage and unemployment insurance provisions.
- How does your country determine minimum wage?
- What is the minimum wage across countries?
- Do unemployed people in your country receive income protections?
- In your country, how long do the unemployed receive financial assistance?
- How much does an unemployed, minimum wage worker receive in financial assistance per day.