Parents’ equal rights also shape children’s chances. Equal opportunities at work and equal pay determine family income. Moreover, women who lack social equity are more likely to lack the ability to make important decisions concerning children’s health and education. The maps found in this section outline work and equal pay protections based on gender, ethnicity and religion.
- Are there countries in which men and women have unequal rights to employment?
- In your country, do people of all ethnicities have the right to work?
- Does your country allow people of any religion to have a job?
- In which countries do men and women get paid differently for the same type of work?
- In which countries to people of different ethnic groups get paid differently for the same type of work?
- In which countries do members of different religious groups get paid differently for the same type of work?